Don't you love it when you scrape together whatever you have in the fridge because you can't be bothered leaving the house, and it makes something magical? I've used what I had on hand, but you can substitute what you don't have with what you do. This tuna and rice salad is zesty, creamy and bright. Both fresh and filling, it's perfect for a quick lunch for one.
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 1 egg, poached
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Fresh chopped dill
- Tin of tuna (I love Sirena flaked)
- 1/3 cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon goat's cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Cook your rice. Add 2/3 cup of salted water and bring to boil. Let simmer and absorb until cooked.
- Poach your egg. Add a splash of vinegar and some salt to a saucepan of water and bring to a rolling boil. Lower the heat until the surface bubbles slowly. Crack the egg and after 3 minutes, use a slotted spoon to transfer it to a paper towel to drain.
- Serve up. Add the rice to a bowl and stir through tuna, lemon juice and dill. Scatter the cucumber, pomegranate seeds and crumbled goat's cheese over the top. Serve the poached egg on top with salt and pepper to taste.